Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What have we got here?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cddeluca@telocity.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14993

    Definitely an Altec diaphragm (see EIA code) but is it an Altec driver?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mbenterprizes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks like a 291 series, I have a pair that looks like them, but no "Rain Drain" pipe. these were mainly used by the military...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Roland N R's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2003
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks like Phenolic diaphragm 290 d-e series large format= "giant voice". If so being used as tweet gives limited benefit since basically just a band limited MR driver.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mbenterprizes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Roland;
    I had a typo in my post, I said 291 I ment 290D, yes they are not good for tweeters, but man what a voice... forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.